2016-07-26

My dear Novara Jaunt, you too?!

In the middle of the last ride on the Novara I  noticed suddenly a feeling like a  heavy weight on the pedal, but I thought that I just got tired.  But I felt the same thing at the beginning of this morning's ride, Mr. WhP tried to fix it on the end of the street.  It got a little better, but wasn't completely solved.

We finished our morning ride of just over 5 miles and came back.

Mr. WhP stayed in our garage and worked for a while.  Finally he finished.  "What happened?"

He said:

The front brake shoe was dragging on one side of the rim and couldn’t be stopped by loosening the cable.  The problem was caused by the spring on one side being a bit weaker than the other.  The tension needed adjustment; one click more tension evened out the brake shoe position and got rid of the dragging.

Unfortunately the temperature went up so much this afternoon, I couldn't go out to check my pedaling soon.
Hope I can ride it much better tomorrow. 
 

No comments: