2016-06-15

Come back riding

Yesterday we rode the paved path at Sonoma Valley Regional Park.  


A year ago we went there to ride the first time, but I couldn't ride through the path.  That was sad memory.

I could repaint the memory into a happy memory yesterday.
I was enjoying riding so much though, and I was wondering how come I was so afraid of riding here before.
That was psychological fear dragging me down.  And I had not much experience to build up my confidence yet at that time. 

And the park definitely has been repaved much smoother since then.  

Only one problem I had was the very steep and short up slope at the other end.  I got off and walked my bicycle the first time.

But we returned to starting point and I tried again.
I remembered what Mr. WhP said.  "Just psychological fear, you can do it."  So I turned to smallest gear  just before the slope, and screamed to focus myself like, "just pedal, just pedal.."

It worked, I didn't get heart pain or breathing trouble in the middle of the up slope at all.  I felt soooooo good!

Although Mr WhP had a little trouble on his bike.
 His bike was making noise for a while, and finally he found that the spring popped loose on the brake.  Luckily it was easy to stick back on.

While he was working, I found this huge Madrone.  


We enjoyed riding, relaxing, and seeing beautiful nature.

No comments: