2015-06-13

Cross Marin Bike Trail -Part 2-

We enjoyed riding for a while more.  Took pictures of each other with beauty of the nature.


Then, as usual, I started worrying about my physical ability; how much more I could continue for round trip to the parking lot.  So when we reached the first camping site, we drank some water and u-turned toward the parking place.  

When I reached the thistle point which was very a short detour spot, I thought that we can't just go home.  We can ride more!  

So we u-turned again to head to Samuel P. Taylor State Park Entrance which is the middle point of this trail.  
The paved part seemed to finish there, so we went back happily with my big satisfaction. On the way we saw many young cyclists who were wearing colorful cycling outfits and also youngish couple with small kids cyclists too.  So the coming back way was pretty fun for me, in addition I've already known the paved road condition so that I could ride relaxed and sometimes with quite a speed.  

We safely rode back to the parking without my fear.  Total distance was 8.37 miles.

We dropped by Marin French Cheese company, and had juice and sandwiches.  


And yummy foods.


When we got home outside temperature was :

But we didn't feel hot so much inside of house without air conditioning.  But later I got upset stomach and a cold sweat whole my body, I still didn't know what happened.  After we got continuous 4 hours sleeping, we both were fine.

Later I heard that old folks heat stroke happened when they are in their house, because they couldn't feel so hot until body can't take it any more.

I need to watch out for myself, I thought.  

Next day morning we both have achy body, but we lightly biked in our neighborhood separately.

My distance record:

And his distance record:  
We felt better!  Maybe we need a nap.

2 comments:

CyclePatH said...

Enjoyed seeing the pictures of the two of you riding in such a beautiful environment. Sounds like the trail you rode worked out well for you. Are there more trails you can ride in the Samuel P. Taylor State Park? So sorry to hear you weren't feeling well afterwards. But glad to know it didn't last long, and that you felt well enough for another easy ride the next morning.

Mrs WhP said...

The cross marin bike trail goes through the state park, but we've never ridden around in the park so we didn't know. After I pulled out the map of the park, I found there are many dirt roads for mountain bikers.

Thanks for your thought, I'm still not used to my old body, so I sometimes can't predict what will happen. But I still have a strong enough body to recover. Thank God!

Cycling is addictive. Somehow I want to ride when I feel a little tired. I guess that my body knows by now it will feel better afterwards.