2016-06-21

Bicycling Class the 2nd

To shape up our bicycle skills we went to take a Bicycling Class the second time last Saturday.  We took the class the first time last year.
This time three teachers who are certified by the county bicycle coalition were working hard to teach us.

We really thank all those teachers, Sara, Michelle and David.


The photo was taken by our bike camera when I had just arrived at the community center.


All the students learned many kinds of important skills this parking lot.  The teachers showed us how to do, and we all tried.

We still need to practice some of the skills which we couldn't quite get.  But we know how we should do it.

After the drill, we all went to out to the city road to learn the street skills.  Dealing with busy traffic while riding made me tense.

Because this was the first experience for me to ride in a group, I got really nervous riding on the street.  But at least I could get the feeling a little bit of group riding.  It's more fun and felt safer.  But I need to adjust myself to go with them.

I've seen this mark on the street many times, but I didn't know what it means before.  


The mark is called "Sharow" which means share the road and arrow, showing the safe range from parked cars.  The class taught me!

Before taking the class I was heading toward the community center for the class.  Slightly out of the mark, because I was afraid of the car door.  Next time I will be right.





Yes, we biked all the way from our house to the community center in the city, and came back home.  That was thrilling and exciting!




No comments: