2015-05-22

5-22-2015 Practice gear changing

It's sunny day, today.   Just right day for practice!  Before going out, I need to review what I'm going to do today.

The 1st practice.   Flat area :  Front (Left hand) 2, Back (Right hand) 4, and then 
  Up-slope:  Front 2, Back 3 or 2, and then 
Down-slope:  Front 2, Back 4, 5, or bigger

This practice shouldn't be so hard.  I just keep in mind to pedal faster than usual for up-slope.


The 2nd practice. Flat area:  Front 2, Back 4/ Up-slope:  Front 1, Back 4/ Down-slope:  Front 2, Back 4, 5, or 6

Left gear changing might be tricky for me.  Mr. wp gave advice some, so I will do it ahead of time.  I hope I can remember what I'm going to do.

And one more big challenge will be ride on 1'' higher seat.
I'm not sure about this, because I was scared to do it before.

Well, Practice 1 went very well.  At the beginning I had a hard time to get used to a faster pedal speed, but after 10 mins. I was OK.  The seat got higher and it made pedaling easier for me.  That's great!

I found it quite difficult changing front gear.  Because I had to use clumsy left hand and also gear is quite heavy.  I decided not to change the front gear until it's really necessary, as I've done before.

Once I got used to pedaling faster, biking got really fun.  We biked round and round for at least 6 miles or more.
We got a craving for carbohydrate so we made our own ice cream sundae.
My homemade Ice cream sundae.

His homemade banana split
It's almost midnight now, and we are really tired.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your ice cream sundaes look YUMMY! A well-deserved treat.

CyclePatH

Mrs. W said...

Dear CyclePatH,

Is Mr.W's sundae so artistic? I always get good ideas to enjoy life, and he always using my idea to creates better than mine. hahaha