2015-05-22

5-21-2015 Slope ride

Last weekend's too much excitement made me exhausted, and him too, we had to have a rest for a while.
Today we finally lifted ourselves up and biked on the road in our neighborhood again.

At beginning my body was awful.  10 min. later finally I was fine, besides my buttocks hurt!??

But we finished a bike ride of 3.5 miles today!  I feel better.

Then, we did it again after we checked all the grades.  


Surprisingly the even steep looking slope is not!  That is a little bit disappointment, but in a way this is a good place to practice all kinds of things.  Because I didn't know many things about bicycle.

Today I learned how to use both sides gear shifts on Internet, and also from him.

Tomorrow I'm going to practice gear changing properly.

Low Gear is great for climbing:  Front - small, Back- the largest (1-3)
High Gear is great for descending:  Front- big chainring, Back- the smallest (4-7)
Middle Gear is great for everyday  terrain:  Front- middle chainring on triple, Back- the middle (3-6)

So I'm going to use back gear 3 , maybe 4  for flat and practice changing for up-slope and down-slope next.

No comments: