2015-05-24

5-24-15 Realty is too far from my dream.

We went to Sonoma Valley Regional Park today.  I was thinking to go much earlier but as usual we arrived at around 1:30 p.m.  Weather was nice very sunny with lots of breeze. It should have been a perfect cycling day.....

Last time riding Mr. wheelpedal took the folding bike and had hard time to climb up the steep slope.  This time he managed to pack two regular bicycles in our car.  So we both could ride our own regular and comfortable bike.


Because it's Sunday today, many family and friends were walking and biking.  Some of them were with their dogs.  Most of the people were nice and relaxed.

Only me who got tense extremely.  As soon as I saw people, my wrists and arms got stiff and even shaky, so my riding got really wavy and uncontrollable.  I had to get off my bicycle seat, and wait for them passing.  


Sonoma Valley R.Park bike route is a paved road, but bumpy and narrow in some spots and have a height difference between paved road and dirt parts.  I think this is very beginners' complaints, It was so disappointing about myself.  My mind wanted to cry.  Luckily I am too old to cry, so I couldn't and didn't.

Poor my husband he could have enjoyed nice easy 2.5 miles ride going down, and then coming back.  But when we reached the point 2 thirds of the bike route, he found and warned me from now on I have to watch out for the poison oak on both side of the bath.  That's really dangerous sign.  I know myself who might do what I'm supposed not to because of my tension.  So I gave up.

My physical strength told me go more, but my mind got already tired.  We rode back up and had a small lunch I made.  And tried to ride more down and up.

Again!  I was not satisfied with my today's ride.  I tried myself calm down and relax, but I couldn't.

When we got home back, I was really tired.

My dream seems never come true.  Tear, tear, tear....

Next time I should ask my husband to stand as guinea pig, so I can practice not to hit and ride inside of edgy of road.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everybody has good days and not so good days. People with dogs make me nervous, too. Why do they have to walk where I want to ride? I like your consolation treat. If you keep practicing, your dreams may come true eventually.

CyclePatH

Mrs. W said...

Thank you for your comment, CyclePatH!

After I went on this ride, I knew it was too soon for me. But if I didn't try it, I would never know about myself.

Yes, I will climb every mountain to conquer my weak mind!
Thanks for your encouragement.