2015-05-20

5-15-2015 Spring Lake regional park

It was a nice and sunny afternoon.  We drove up to Spring Lake regional park.  We parked at the end of Violetti road near the Swimming lagoon.

According to the regional park information, the paved loop is for families and beginners.  But there is a quite sleep upslope which frightened me.  I tried as hard as I could, but I had to give up, because my heart was getting worse.  Maybe because I got tense and breathed wrong.  I got panicked.  So I just walked to the hill top.

I'm a beginner.  I have no shame.

This time I brought my regular bike, but even that bike I couldn't go up.   Unlike me he was struggling but went up OK with the folding bike!  His good old sense must have come back.

Beside that terrible slope all the spring lake loop 3.5 miles was easy and fun for me.  In addition the lake view is so relaxing.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even the professional riders have to push their bikes up the hard, steep parts. Pushing your bike up the hills is still good exercise! The view of the lake is beautiful and a good inspiration to make you want to ride out there again.

CyclePatH

Mrs. W said...

That was very nice thing to hear, CyclePatH! Thank you very much.

I was quite miserable at that time, but if I push and fell, I could have been worse than that. I licked the scar of my spirit.
Yes, the view is quite nice so I really want to go again, hopefully.