2015-05-28

5-28-15 Slow start, fast middle, freely for end

Neighborhood bike.  I was not good at riding with small number (I should say, big sprocket) for back gear before.  So I started with 3rd today, it was not so bad as before in my memory.  It was OK for a while, but more pedaling made my left knee get a strange feeling which is just before hurting.  So I changed up to 4th.  Even for down-slope  5th is comfortable for me, because it's easy to slow down by brake.
After warming up nicely, I pedaled faster and using middle number or heavier.

Today Mr. wheelpedal used his smart phone as an odometer.  We biked 5.50 miles.

I checked google map for our route miles before.  From now we can check this convenient stuff to know.  That's great.  We, granma and granpa were away from technology.  

  
Drank a glass of water, and some cherries, yummy, yummy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Luscious looking cherries. Mmmmm.

CyclePatH

Mrs WhP said...

That was very yummy and I've been wondering what kind of good health benefits bing cherries have. And I finally found it.
Health Benefits

Fresh sweet cherries are also a valuable source of many vitamins and minerals. According to a 2013 article for Fox News by registered dietitian Tanya Zuckerbrot, bing cherries contain antioxidants and other nutrients that can help relieve inflammation, ease arthritis pain, prevent cancer and lower blood pressure. In another article, University of Arizona registered dietitian Cynthia Thomson and plant sciences professor Dr. Chieri Kubota wrote that the anthocyanin compounds in sweet cherries like bings may help lower the risk of cardiovascular conditions, diabetes and even Alzheimer’s. Anthocyanins are antioxidants that are associated with lower disease and mortality rates.