2016-04-26

Exhausted, but tried the face shield.

It  was very windy late morning today.   So the face protector was perfect for avoiding drying my eyes.  Even bugs avoided crashing into the shield.

But our helmets are a close fit on our heads and the protector was so oversized and hard to put together.  The blue frame kept sagging so that I couldn't see the view freely as I used to.

But the idea is still great.  So I will keep working on it.  Somehow ....

In spite of our exhaustion we felt fortunate that we still could  ride. even though that's less than 4 miles.

I asked what Mr. Wh thought about the facial protector.  This is his answer.
 
The face shield is effective against bugs and stuff falling from trees.  In 70 degree windy conditions it didn’t fog.  It also affords a little protection from the wind drying your eyes.


It’s a bit tricky to fit under the helmet because there a little bumps on the sides of the helmet that hit the band on the face shield—the band can’t go under the helmet without making the helmet too loose, so the bumps tend to push the shield down too much.  If I just keep pushing it back up (like I do my eyeglasses) it works well enough.


I conclude that it is a reasonably satisfactory accessory, and a good value.

No comments: