2015-06-07

Checked the trail and Hiked

Shollenberger Park, I've been thinking about to bike.  But I don't want to repeat the fear and misery like past experience.  So we went to hike there yesterday afternoon.  Even though we hiked before long time ago, I couldn't remember if it's OK for me biking or not.

Hummmm.

This paved road looks narrow, better to bike on the other side of  the bench, I wonder.


Hummmmm..
This gravel path is wider than the paved road, but it might be harder to balance for me, I wonder.

From here I have no other choice because there is no paved road.  How hard it would be for me to ride on gravel road, I wonder.  In addition some part of right side is Petaluma river down there.

I wonder how people could get over their fear???  I should practice on safe road until I feel get used to riding?  I guess so...  NO that's boring.   I should try riding on trail until not feel it and give up to come back. That's much better.

Poor Mr. WhP, it must have been hard for him to accompany with me.

This is the nice place.



By the river there is the sign.  Yeah, it is essential for both people and cyclists.

Hummmm.....

We hiked for over 2 miles.  We could walk faster than before!



3 comments:

CyclePatH said...

This looks like a beautiful place to ride. Gravel can be difficult to ride through. Squirmy. Often times you can overcome your fears by facing them over and over. The more you practice doing the things that scare you, the less scary they become. You can always stop and walk if you need to. Be patient with yourself and enjoy the scenery!

CyclePatH said...

P.S. Sometimes when I am climbing a steep hill on my bike...you would be passing me if you were walking by at 2.6 mph.

Mrs WhP said...

Hi! CyclePatH, thanks your comments. You gave me very great advices. Especially I love the mental calmness, "You can always stop and walk if you need to. Enjoy the scenery."
Thank you very much, CyclePatH!!

p.s. I wish I could pedal slowly without fear to imagine loosing my balance. I need to practice that.