2015-06-29

I wish I could have found it at the beginning of my bike life.

I totally had no idea how to train myself to be a long distance biker.  And I had no chart.  I got advice to have resting time, but how much or how often I didn't know and even didn't think about either.  

Today I found this interesting training plan
 "Beginner's Training Plan From 0 to 30 miles in 14 Weeks."
It sounds great, if I can do it.  

I decided to jump into the middle of the plan.  Hope it will work for us.


2 comments:

CyclePatH said...

I hope that following this plan helps you, but you might allow yourself to deviate if your body suggests it would be in your best interest. The plan seems to makes some pretty big increases of time and mileage toward the last few weeks. It might be better to increase a little more gradually over a longer span of time. I sometimes plan the ride I want to do ahead of time, but I always let my body tell me the ride I will actually make. I find that my body usually lets me know if it feels rested and strong and ready for a long ride or maybe a shorter ride at a faster pace. It also lets me know when it feels tired and needs a slower, easier, shorter ride -- or when a total rest day is in order. I always listen to my body. It's the boss.

Mrs WhP said...

Thanks for taking your time to check the plan for me. I understood your point, and I agree with you completely. I was happy to see the bicycling training plan first, and I jumped in, then realized that our bodies are not going stretch the miles at weekend. No way. .... What shall I do? Then I thought alternatively repeat of the day for bike and the day for rest.

After all our body is the boss, without good condition we can't continue. I got it.
I pushed myself a little too much. I will remember to think about your advice.