2015-06-21

Let's clean out our brains! - 10 miles+ biking

Couldn't decide the 2nd road bike plan.  Sitting for hours made my brain blurry.  Suddenly got urge for pedaling!

Unfortunately afternoon wind started already, it was quite scary to be blown by nasty and gusty wind.  Today I wanted to bike at least 10 miles, and also wanted to try keeping cadence 70 as long as possible by changing gears when necessary.  And wanted to try pedaling slowly.

Our speedometer doesn't show cadence, so I checked this song.  It's almost 70 beats per minute.  I sang while pedaling.  When my song got slowly, I noticed that I needed to change the gear, so I did.

I rode 11 miles in an hour 13 minutes.  My brain was so happy, completely emptied out.
While I was riding, maybe old leaf dropped in between my eye glasses and my right eye, I was scared if it was an insect, but after blowing a couple times it had gone.  So it must have been a brown leaf.  

I started wondering if I should get closed sunglasses.  

After that long ride, I wanted to have corn soup so I cooked with some vegetables.  Served with sliced Camembert cheese.  

That was yummy.  Ate up left over scones.  We're heavy scone eaters!



4 comments:

CyclePatH said...

Oh, don't even get me started with that song...I'll be singing it from now to eternity! I like your idea of a happy, empty, cleaned-out brain. Regular bicycling (despite the wind) will scrub your brain clean of all its pesky fears and doubts. Let's just keep doing it!

Mrs WhP said...

Oh, you made me laugh a lot, CyclePatH! Yeah, that song easily can be an earworm, can't it? I wonder if some of our neighbors who were standing at their garage might have a hard time after me singing by yesterday.

Yes, since we started long bicycling, we were so surprised our mental/physical health got better. More relaxed, happy, and we can get hungry truly, then the time we got full comes clearly so we can stop easily.

Good, good, good!

CyclePatH said...

It's great that you are enjoying the wonderful benefits of bicycling. You are definitely earning them. For a very fun and inspiring bicycle movie with great music, you might like to watch Breaking Away.

Mrs WhP said...

Thank you very much, dear CyclePatH! for mentioning the interesting movie which we've never heard of before. 1979 English movie, Definitely we will watch it! Thanks again!