2015-06-08

Postpone the challenge, and...

It's going to be a very hot day!  "OK, let's go bike at Shollenberger!" he said.  "! OK," I said, even though my mind started get nervous.
Fortunately or unfortunately, when we got to the parking lot in the morning, it was full of cars!  We saw mothers and their small children were walking.
"Sorry, honey, I can't do, just can't under this condition."  So we went shopping for our vegetables.
 Then, I suddenly remembered the special place my dear friend told me about and where  we hiked together before.  So we went there when the temperature really started getting hot.  Even while we took out our bicycles from our car to put together, we started sweating.

That was the very good practice on a road I've never ridden before and which has quite long up slopes and down slopes coming one after another.  

But when the big delivery truck came up behind me, I got really nervous, so I just got down from the bicycle to let him go.

Because of the heat I had a little hard time to breath--not enough oxygen, but we rode for half an hour.

OK, I should bike later around our neighborhood to fill the 10 miles routine.  I hope the temperature will go down at least 80F then.  
It's 99 F around here now!!
- - - - - 
The temperature is still 92F, but we went biking in our neighborhood, it was hot, but not bad.  We would come back before sunset, I thought.

I asked him to raise my saddle a little bit.  That's fine and better.  On the way going up slope, I felt good not to think about anything, just pedaling.  That's amazing for me.  I'm a little sick person to think about all kinds of stuff all day.  But I was like that for a moment today.

Today's second ride:  


So Total will be...  4.85+7.23=12.08   12 miles.  I felt good, but it's hot,  88F was not cool enough.

Mr. WhP made a temporary bike stand to clean and lube the chain and sprockets.

Sorry to show our messy garage.

6 comments:

treklov said...

Fantastic progress you make each day, esp. victories over fear. Hats off. Tomorrow will be even better. This blog gives hope to all fear-bound inelastic home-bound seniors!

treklov said...

Fantastic bikes! Love the way you are climbing every mountain, esp. victories over fear. This blog gives hope to all chicken-hearted home-bound inelastic seniors; we can all get out there with you.

Mrs. WhP said...

Thanks for your commentS!! Your comments encourage me to continue my challenge. Even though my progress is a little by little, I want to over enjoy each process. Thanks again!

Mrs. WhP said...

Hi, treklove. If you feel to share your experience for biking/hiking, it will be also delightful. Thanks.

CyclePatH said...

I think you have the answer to all your questions and fears in your blog today, Mrs. Wheelpedal. "Felt good not to think about anything, just pedaling." Fear is all in your head! When you quiet your mind and just pedal, you will enjoy your riding much more. You are not the only one who has fears, so I am mentioning this for both our sakes.

Mrs WhP said...

Thanks for your comment, CyclePatH!
That's right. I wish I could get more of that moment "just pedaling". I started thinking that I have multiple kinds of fear and I have to conquer each of them, but all the reasons might come from just poor confidence in my not quite steady balance.