2015-06-28

Good bicycling is like Cha-no-yu, tea ceremony?!

It's Sunday, today, so we decided to ride only on our community roads this morning.  I got the point, we need to find our senior biking way.  We'd better avoid riding in crowded roads or trails.

Yesterday we learned so many things that I wanted to try biking better as much as I can.
One particular thing was stopping at every stop sign and dropping one foot on the ground, and start again.  That was a very important and necessary practice for me.

And for that, I was struggling away to find a good sequence.  

1. Changing gear to small number on right hand, which has to be done quite a bit before the stop line. (because of my age and physical ability)

2. Showing a turning right hand signal, or turning left hand signal, following checking behind.

3. Using both hands to stop, immediately move pedal to be ready for starting .

4. Check four directions and start.

Busy, busy, busy...  I couldn't do it well in the beginning.  I forget this, and that...  And finally I could do a little better. 

Only I couldn't look at the driver's eyes yet. 
 Distance:
Average speed:

Max Speed:
Trip Time:
Because we didn't feel like eating we just had some water before riding; we were really hungry and tired when we got back home.

First I cooked and we ate.
Home baked 100% whole wheat bread, home garden grown zucchini sliced and chopped cabbage saute with topping of shredded Emmentaler cheese.  Diluted Cranberry Cherry Juice Drink with Another Juice 100% vitamin C from Ocean Spray.

And a cup of coffee with milk,  two glasses of water.

Then, we both felt very tired and stiff.  So we did recorded TV exercise "Sit and be Fit" which is lightly using all over the body muscles.  Finally our body were relaxed.




Plums on our tree are getting mature which have anti aging benefit.  So I will eat some and keep riding. :-)




4 comments:

CyclePatH said...

With your dedication to learning and practicing, it will all become second nature to you soon. Your numbers are looking great. Keep up the good work (but don't forget to have fun!).

Mrs WhP said...

You could see me, couldn't you, CyclePatH? I'm that kind of person who is very easily carried away by being too serious. If Mr. WheelPedal weren't like he is, he would have been annoyed biking with me already. But he can enjoy by himself very much, even sometimes forgets me completely. We are a good match.

I will keep up my practice patiently.

CyclePatH said...

You are fortunate to have a mellow and compatible cycling buddy.

Mrs WhP said...

Yup,I'm lucky, CyclePatH. Finally we started enjoying something together not just eating or cooking, but also biking! And it's so fun.