2016-07-31

Let's go on a bike trip!

I usually make a detailed plan in advance for our bike trips, mainly for my mental security.

Yesterday, just before leaving home, we changed the first plan to ride at Sonoma Valley Regional Park, we decided to try riding to Forestville from Sebastopol via West County Regional Trail!!!

Our new car Honda Fit could be loaded two bicycles easier than previous Toyota Corolla for Mr. WhP.  I was pleased to hear that.

Warmed up a little bit in the Ragle Ranch Regional Park, 

we rode  Ragle Rd. to Mill Station Rd. to Barlow Ln. to Occidental Rd for catching onto West county Regional Trail.
Last time we just crossed Ragle Rd. so we didn't think about how busy this street is.  
I got nervous whenever speeding cars passed by, but I had a much worse experience later.
Finally reached Mill Station Rd and after crossing, we were going to turn right on Barlow Ln.  Then Mr. WhP goofed up to read the sign and called me to ride back because I passed our turn he thought. 
We both were not awake. Finally we realized the sign shows a turn 400FT ahead.  I rode up again with whining  a little bit.

Occidental Rd was very busy with huge trucks but has a nice bicycle lane for a while and if I and he paid attention well we could have turned into the trail smoothly and no problem.

But when my eyes caught a car evilly parked on the bike lane, I got distracted by raging and missed to see the gate of West county R. Trail. (Nothing is good about getting mad.  I should remember.)
I had to swerve around the car, and a mean and nasty car driver blasted his horn at me, so I really got mad.  When Mill Station Rd changed to a share road and narrow, I got really scared and frantic.  So I u-turned by foot to calm down.
At that time we both didn't know what happened.  When we walked back to a wider intersection, we stopped and checked the map.  We were totally confused.

A friendly cyclist who was passing by offered to help us, but we were so embarrassed and no thanked.  Thanks so much for your kindness.


We still were talking to each other.  

The second cyclist who was going to turn and saw us, rode toward us and offered his help, I felt he was Superman on a bike and asked his help.  He looked at my map and listened to me patiently,
and told us that we need to go back and cross the street to get to the trail.  
He kindly offered to lead us into the trail, so we followed him.  Thank you very much for your kindness!!!! for taking your time so much.

After we all got into the trail, he told us another way to get back instead of just taking the same route.  That was very good information for us later, which saved us a lot. The cyclist left like the wind;  he flew away and disappeared from my sight.

We reached familiar Graton Rd.  Last time we went East to go back, this time we went West to find the continuous trail.
 
From here we rode the first time, so my heart was pounding a little.
Amazing long wooden bridge,
Sweaty long up-slope,

A complicated intersection, but we were lucky to hear this kind cyclist's information,
Turn right here and turn left the 1st street, 
Then, you will see the trail gate on right.

We rode through more bridges and slopes, and we got the end of the trail at the sign of Pajaro Lane.
We turned right on Pajaro Lane, and saw nice subdivision houses of Forestville.  Unfortunately I had no information about Forestville yet, so we just turned back.  Next time we want to try riding in Forestville.

We took Hwy 116 from Occidental Rd to Mill Station Rd and back to the Ragle Park.
On the way riding the two way Bike lane on Hwy 116, we dropped by the fruit store and bought nice looking figs which were delicious.  

We had fun very much from this 15.6 mile bike trip.  

Last night stretch exercise seemed not enough or couldn't erase the fatigue, we both were sensationally tired this morning.  I wanted to ride a short distance, but we just couldn't do it.  Anyway that might have been a good idea, tonight we both felt back to normal with just a minor neck or thigh pain.





No comments: