2015-06-25

The hurdle of 15 mile is hard to jump over.

Maybe because of this hot weather, it's very hard to renew the riding record over15 miles recently.  Even 10 miles riding made us tired, not just after finishing, a couple of hours later the fatigue really gets us.

So I promise to myself if I ride, I will ride at least 10 miles every time.  Or I won't ride, just rest completely.

Yesterday we had a nice rest.  Watched movie, watched exciting mountain bike movie on You tube.  And thinking about all kinds of possible place to go biking, trying to make plans... etc.

Today we rode in our neighborhood long.  We came back for restroom and water, and went back on the road.  Tried to pedal the same cadence, tried to start and stop the right way as much as possible.  Tried to watch for cars that might pass me.

Start and Stop is very important, but I still couldn't get the smart looking way.  I will work for it.

Today's records:  Distance, Time, Average Speed, and Max Speed.




I was going to go out again, but Mr. WhP said "no".  ??  Maybe next time.

Meanwhile, I made a tomorrow's plan.  

The movie "Breaking away" was fun to listen to; it used familiar opera arias, and classical music as the background.  And also it was fun to look at the young riders' very fast pedaling.  The story was cute.

We also enjoyed this mountain bikers' video.  The scene where the bikers were eating Italian spaghetti was stuck on my brain so hard that I had to cook and eat today after our biking. 

4 comments:

CyclePatH said...

Glad you liked Breaking Away. If you like to read, you might enjoy Miles from Nowhere: A Round-the-World Bicycle Adventure by Barbara Savage. It's my favorite bicycle adventure book.

Mrs WhP said...

Oh, CyclePatH! I need that kind of information desperately! Because watching and reading success stories makes me encouraged who has had slim progress.
I'll look for the book! Thank you very much.

CyclePatH said...

Well, I guess I should warn you that the stories she relates from their trip were not all roses. Some stories might make you never want to ride on the road again -- at least in certain states or certain countries. However, it was an interesting glimpse of the varied cultures and wide-ranging attitudes they experienced along the way. Her writing is very engaging and enjoyable.

By the way, I enjoyed the link to the mountain biking video you posted. That's my favorite kind of riding (just the smooth and easy parts). Looks like fun, doesn't it?

Also, for being only a month and a half into this new venture, you are making great progress!

Mrs WhP said...

Thanks for warning me, CyclePatH. ;-) But you gave me a good influence, so I started searching books and movies about bicyclists. And I found quite interesting or can be interesting stuff.

Thank you for your warm words about my progress, it always makes me happy.