2015-08-26

The shortest and dissapointing ride

Never happened before.  We always liked riding in our neighborhood when it's hot, because the road is less crowed.
And it was hot today, but not 100F yet.
So we decided to go.  In addition I was a little excited to use new bike computer which is connected to the sensor by wire. 


And we put rear bike racks for the future necessity to carry each jacket and etc.



When I rode over 2 miles, I heard the noise from my bicycle.  Both tires were OK.  But I was so uncomfortable that I couldn't ignore.

That was chewing gum, which was melted like liquid and had spread out on my tire!
I rode more for a while, but finally I gave up.  It's so disgusting!!!  And I felt God must have told us something.  So gave up and went back home.

Just less than a half an hour ride, but when we got home, we felt dehydrated unusually.  "That was right that we came back." Mr. WhP said.
And he continued to clean the gunkies off from not only the tire but also back of the saddle and spokes!  

He used some alcohol and then, he used furniture polish "orange glo" which is made from orange oil, and that was the best.

I learned that we should avoid to ride on paved residential road when it's really hot.  In a way dirt road is nicer.

This short ride record:
Time, distance, Average Speed, and Max Speed.

We needed some comfort food, so..



I sliced in halves leftover Trader Joe's  "Brioche Buns" .

And put orange marmalade, strawberry jam, and cottage cheese in.
With iced milk coffee, we were comforted well.

No comments: