2016-11-09

Since earth worms incident..

That desiccated earth worm incident warned my bicycle technician.  Mr. WhP started to check the chains on our two bicycles and he thought we needed to replace them.

He replaced the chain on my bicycle with a new one.  That work went well.  But when he changed his chain, the new one ran and shifted very smoothly, but when he pedaled a little hard, sometimes the chain slipped over the sprocket teeth.  He concluded that the sprockets were worn out and needed to be replaced.  It will take a week to receive the new sprocket cassette.

So he rode our Schwinn folder today instead of his Novara  Portal, and he got small back ache afterwards.  But he could ride, that was better than no ride.  In addition as he rode he got to feeling better than at the beginning.  So he will be OK with the Schwinn for a while, I hope so.

So far I'm very lucky with my Novara Jaunt.  The ride with new chain was pretty nice today, it seemed like.

No comments: