2015-06-02

6-2-15 We tried 2 HOURS riding

I've read about training interval, and at least on the weekend you need to ride two hours for beginner and half an hour adding each time next.  So I thought two hours riding is the key for next step.

Today we tried to ride for two hours
At the beginning I tried my best to be relaxed and pedaled relatively slowly.  Everything felt different and comfortable until one hour 20 min.  I had to stop by our house for restroom use.  The odometer was paused.  OK, let's go back riding!

Next 40 min. was extremely long for me.  
"10 more minutes," his voice told me, my legs started to get tired.  I almost hit the curb on the road, but I could steer back.  I thought that John Kerry's unfortunate accident might have been this kind of thing, maybe not.  When you are getting tired, your body might do unexpected thing.  Anyway I tried being more careful.

The last one minute was awfully long, because both of our buttocks have been hurting.  Mr. Wheelpedal's hands too, because he wasn't wearing gloves.  I hoped the gloves would be delivered soon.  

Finally and luckily we just arrived back at our home safely.  Whew..


Hmmm.. I thought that we rode much more distance than yesterday.  But it wasn't so much.

Only difference today was using my smartphone odometer which was carried by myself, instead of his by himself.  Oh! I see, he always must have ridden more than me distance-wise.  That's interesting.  I still can't ride along on curve beautifully, many time I cut the corner.  I see.
He said that because we rode slower we covered fewer miles.  Hmmmm.. guess so.

When we got home back, his bike gloves had been delivered.  OK, that's good.  I don't need to worry about him any more.

His brand new bike gloves which he picked.    


My good old gloves which I picked.  They've been very good for me.  Only complaint is no strings were attached, so it's hard to take them off.


4 comments:

Mr. Wheelpedal said...

Riding two days in a row makes the second day much harder--guess it's better to rest or at least scale back on the second day. Now, the next day, the body is a bit sore, but not bad enough to discourage more riding, after all I have to try out the new gloves. Just a short one today please.

One thing the second day taught us is that Mrs. Wheelpedal needs to raise her saddle; when it's too low, it allows a poor position rocked back onto the tail bone--ouch! The trouble is she doesn't like to mount and dismount without being able to put both feet on the ground. So what solution can we find?

Mrs. Wheelpedal said...

Yeah, the more I rode, the more trouble I got. Maybe it might be better to just enjoy it. Otherwise I might get depressed which I don't want.
Thanks, Honey!

Anonymous said...

Another long ride - way to go! Nice looking gloves; those should help. Some people are glad to have "no strings attached," but maybe not in reference to their gloves.

One possible solution to the saddle predicament might be to raise the saddle by tiny increments (say 1/2 inch) every 2 or 3 days?

CyclePatH

Mrs. W said...

Thank you for your comment, CyclePatH!

About the saddle, you are right! Actually we've just come back from the second time ride today, and before the start we both raised, 3/4 inches for me -Mr. W said, and it helped a lot very comfortable!!

About 'Choose and identity'
Please choose Name/ URL , and just type your name 'CyclePatH'
Thank you again to take your time for our blog.:-)