2015-06-20

Legs' muscles are ready, but...

After the big event for us finished yesterday, we were still excited for a while.  I even planned another road bike plan in the city which has a little trouble so that we might not. 

Anyway "Today we should have a rest!" Mr WhP said this morning.  So I said, "just our neighborhood as much as you like for you, and as I like for me."

Turned out he came back a few minutes later than me.  Surprisingly we both felt, our legs got stronger!  I was surprised very much how easy to ride the slope without slowing down.  Of course my speed is still less than 10 miles per hour yet.  

But my brain, arms, eyes are tired veeeery much from yesterday.  So..
32 minutes ride was just right.

average speed 8.5 miles/hour was great.


total distance 4.77 miles were disappointing a little bit.
I should have looked at the total distance number carefully and ride a little more to 5.00 miles.  Maybe it doesn't matter. 

I baked sweet scones for ourselves.  With California raisins and American manufactured Swiss Chocolate, I cut in small pieces a little to blend in. 

Came out Yummy! yumm...  "I need carbohydrate!"
"Let's have the scones with Swiss cheese!"

2 comments:

CyclePatH said...

Isn't it a great feeling to notice your legs are getting stronger. And you've only been riding a little over a month! Rest days are important, too.

Mrs WhP said...

Yes, yes, CyclePatH, I felt great! I could pass by the older tall and fat guy who had actually better pedaling than me. Passing over somebody on the up slope was very exciting. But I should think about steady pedaling, even though he pedaled slowly his tires were very steady!? Who was the man? Recently our community road got more bicyclists, it's amazing!!