2015-06-12

Cross Marin Bike Trail to Samuel P. Taylor SP - Part 1 -

I felt tense while I was cooking omelets and oatmeal for our BF this morning.  Grabbed band aids and cortisone cream just in case, I was rushing away in our house.  I was singing to myself  repeatedly "Nothing gonna harm you~, ... nothing gonna harm you"  from musical "Sweeney Todd" to calm myself. We've never been that area and seen the trail before.

Finally we hit the road to Tocaloma which is not on our GPS.  But we know it is on Petaluma-Point Reyes Road just before the intersection of Sir Francis Drake Blvd.

Here is the sign. I saw it on the right side of the road.

Among the trees and bushes I saw the Platform Bridge.  At that time my heart was pounding so that I couldn't think about it.  But this is the nice looking old bridge.

We had a hard time to find the sign of Cross Marin Bike Trail.  Finally we did.

And the entrance.  "oh, no, steep!"  I thought, but it's not bad that I can say now.  Fear is very annoying.





Finally I started biking on the trail.  My heart was still pounding.

"Oh, oh..  Honey, please check it if I can go through the dirt road!".  The tall thistles are growing both sides and sticking out so that he went through carefully.

After that thistle point, the very gorgeous trail continues.  "I have to take a picture!"

The place we stopped for restroom had a  splendid view.

                                                                                   
   Sorry, I got tired...  I will write again tomorrow to continue.                

2 comments:

CyclePatH said...

Wow, what a beautiful area! Was most of your ride on pavement or dirt?

Mrs WhP said...

Hi CyclePatH!
All paved except the short detour part. In addition the paved trail turned out almost flat all the way to the State Park. But next continuing dirt trail has some steep part but not too much, we read, so we will try it in the future.