2015-10-21

Finally it came out my own riding plan.

First of all we will ride as our favorite exercise.  It should be no strain or force unless we want to do something fun for ourselves.  It should be for our health maintenance as priority, then something comes next.

We will ride every day, and it doesn't matter fast or slow, long or short.  But no matter how we feel tired, we should try at least 2 miles or for a while.  By our experiences, we were always feeling better afterwards.

No more main road riding, besides in the city which has appropriate car speed limit.

After I told myself so, I feel much more relaxed, and we had a fun ride in our community.

But even on such a peaceful community road, there was a wolf driver today.  She or He was not completely wolfish, but couldn't deal with the cyclist.  So blasting up engine noise toward me from behind.  I was going to turn right at the stop line, but I stopped pedaling before the line, and looked at the car for a turn signal, there was none?? The car speeded up and turn left.  That was a humongus old car.
Luckily that was a very wide T- shaped intersection.  I was just fine to wait and let whoever go away.

No wonder some cyclists whom I saw in our community wanted to ride on sidewalk opposite side (I guess the cyclist can see dangerous drivers to avoid the scary accident.)  For me it is very scary thing to do though.

One time some cyclist was riding on the opposite side of the bike lane, and I was very scared and freaked out.  Luckily the guy had enough sense to stop on some extra area by the bike lane to wait for me passing.  I don't feel to blame him.  It's so scary and the bike lane on the other side is skinnier than the one on this side.  And I always whined away about it in my mind, in addition the cars are passing by violently.

DMV should tell drivers how to deal with cyclists on their renewal drivers license.

No comments: