2015-10-23

Finally my long time dream was realized.

We drove up to visit the Bicycle friendly campus, UC Davis!
I've been dreaming for a long time to see the campus.  How students and people are riding bicycle?  How cars and trucks are driving over there?  I wanted to see.

In addition we decided to get "California Bicycle License".   So after parking our car at one of parking lots.  We headed to the  TAPS office.  

In front of the office.

Unfortunately all bike racks were used, so I was standing there to wait for him to get the applications.
After we got two kinds of stickers and put them on each of our bikes, we were heading to the Arboretum which is along the long trails.  But when I saw many students lining up at the catering truck, I decided to go over there to buy our lunch.  That was a great idea.  Thai chicken tacos and I forgot...  Pork, Jasmin rice and salad.  And Thai ice tea.  We enjoyed all of them!




Unfortunately we didn't have a big map for the campus.  We took a long time to figure out which way to go.
Finally we got onto the trail around Putah Creek.
That was a wonderful atmosphere, peaceful and interesting vegetation.
Over the creek I saw students cycling.
It could have been great long ride for us, but when I saw the trail became short but very steep down slope I got freaked out.  After that no matter how my brain told my body, my legs couldn't cooperate, just got stiff.  agrrrrr....  again?!!!  Why, why!!  Poor my husband.  He had to give up with me.

We got back on the street and tried to go back to the parking lot.  Then we found the building of the welcome center which we wanted to visit.  So we dropped by.

The staff were very friendly and we could have some rest on the sofa for a while.  
We got a big map of UC Davis here.  That is very nice.  I'm happy.

Definitely I want to visit again some time in the future.

We were so busy and never checked the distance we rode until later.  We rode for 51 min. 4.5 miles during our 3 hour visiting!??  We both got really tired.....  Hope next time we visit we will be able to ride more.





No comments: