2016-03-19

Knowing my folding bike

So I've been researching about our folding bike.  From outside looking I've already known that's a Schwinn Loop.

The tire shows,


Luckily we found the model number on the bike. S2280A

So our folding is:  
Schwinn 20 inch Loop Folding 7-speed Bike S2280A.

My research started.  Reading what people thought about it.  
Then, Found this video on YouTube.  I thought this is very good education for me.  His is red though.  Nice color!
"Humm, at the price this is a quite nice folding bike. "

And this article is also useful for me.
 http://www.foldingbikeguru.com/schwinn-loop-7-speed-folding-bike-review/ 


And even found a fold and unfold video!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uKY2D9vHQQ

A little hard to handle for Mr. WheelP. the first time, and since then he doesn't want to bother doing, but I should try some days.

Recently I found that I could use the 6th gear right away after start and it made it much easier to ride for me.  And I could start even with 5th gear on slightly up-slope.
And small number gear are convenient to use when I got tired and felt weak in my legs.  This is a totally amazing great discovery for me.

The biggest reason why I like my Novara J. so much better than my Schwinn Loop is the Loop's heavy weight.  5 lbs difference right now.

But I found another difficulty today.  That was the seat which was a little far from the handle, so I asked him if it's adjustable or not.  He said that he could do a little, and did it for me.
That little difference turned out to be quite a big difference to me, so I had to enjoy another ride today.

Before:  

After: 
Because I can reach the handle easily, I could lift the seat higher.  And it made pedaling more enjoyable.

It feels new! 

Since the weather here will bring another rainfall soon, I need my Novara to stay on our bike trainer.  Meanwhile I should get used to the Schwinn Loop more and enjoy it.

We read that front tire should be raised up to balance the trainer, so he made nice stand.  
It seemed easier for my arms.




















No comments: