2016-10-08

Bicycling on Deschutes River Trail

Because without researching enough I made a plan for this trip, we needed to ask somebody about any trail for beginners to ride.  So we came to the visitor center first in Bend. The guys in the office were friendly and kind.  After I told him where we will stay, and my interest was Old Mill District, he recommend the trail along the Deschutes river.  He gave us a very nice map "your adventure planner, Bend parks & urban trails Map".  That was very helpful.

The first day in Bend, we just drove over to the Old Mill District, and walked a little on the trail along the river.  Checked the restroom, ate lunch and dinner.
At Cascade lodge,  we made a plan to park at Miller's landing the next day.

There are many parking lots around the river.  We thought we chose the best. 


The Deschutes river is very long.  The view along the river was very interesting.















 

We enjoyed riding very relaxed.
After we came back home and I started knowing the trails in Bend, I really want to go back to ride.  There are many interesting trails.
The city roads seemed very busy for us though.  

I can't remember where I saw this, maybe near the parking lot??
Anyway nice looking share bikes were lined up.  It seemed just for the students of Oregon State University.  But still pretty neat.




No comments: