2015-07-05

Trails and Road: Petaluma

We found some quite long city trails among the residential areas in Petaluma and we tried biking there today.  We parked in front of Prince Park and the trail running near there.

Many trees are surrounding it so the paved bike/walk trail has a lot of cracks and bumps.  We tried the trails as much as we found at first which was over 5 miles together, then rode on the road in the residential area to fill 10 miles.

There are a couple of bridges with old bumpy wooden floors, some of them made loud noises to scare me.  But it was a very comfortable ride we had all together.

This is the first time we went, so we couldn't find which way to go at beginning and later too.  

Distance, average and max Speed, and Time:



The up-slope to the old wooden bridge.
He had no problem, but I got really nervous.  I took his picture to take a breath.
See, I don't like the post.


You can see the parking lot over there.







That's me.  My start got much better, but my stop is not smooth yet.  The brake made a loud noise, because I couldn't slow down evenly.  That's very hard somehow.  

When we got back home this afternoon, I really needed to have some soup, so I chopped vegetables, put together with canned tuna, a tablespoon of olive oil and a cube of chicken consume to make it.  Oh, that's simple, but was wonderful.













2 comments:

CyclePatH said...

Looks like a nice place to ride. About that post on the slope up to the bridge -- one thing I've learned is to look where you want to go. (Or, in other words, don't look at the thing you want to avoid.) Your bike will generally go where you are looking.

Mrs WhP said...

I see! yeah, I always look at the thing I want to avoid! Damn, no wonder my bike always goes there. /..\ OK, "Just look where I want to go!" It really makes sense.
Thanks CyclePatH!!