2015-07-13

Afternoon Hiking

My friend told me that we might bike over there.  So we decided to hike the trail this afternoon.
North Sonoma Mountain Regional Park was newly open this year.  On the way to the parking lot the asphalt road surely looked new.

We hiked the trail to Jack London State Park which my friend told me was very nice for hiking!  The air was fresh and the bay leaves smelled so nice.





















Unfortunately we had to give up and go back down just before the Bennett Valley over look because my hip joint started to hurt, but we enjoyed this view very much.

While we were hiking today, three mountain bikers passed us.  I wish I could have good balance and no fear of cliffs, it would have been an exciting discovery day today.  But for hiking I'd like to come back in the future.

2 comments:

CyclePatH said...

Looks very pretty there. You must have good balance or you wouldn't be able to ride your bike as well as you have been. I find that sometimes things seem scary before I do them because I think of all the parts that I'm afraid of and get that all built up in my mind. But then when I actually do them -- well, sometimes it really is a little scary at first, but after a few times of trying, it's not nearly so scary any more. You might just try those trails a little bit some day.

Mrs WhP said...

Hi CyclePatH, I'm so grateful for your writing, thank you very much.
Before I try, I need to conquer several of my weaknesses not only to have good balance but also I need to have good turning skill especially sharp one, and smooth starting skill, agrrrr... Well, I just need to practice more, and when I feel ready to try something new, I should try.