2015-06-23

The 2nd City Road Bike via Fryer Creek Path, Sonoma

"If you want to practice for city road biking, you only can do that on city roads."  His words pushed my back unexpectedly for him.  " Let's go!"  We've been thinking and checking the road on Internet.  I chose the most comfortable way for me. 

Riding on Arnold Dr to Leveroni Rd was not so bad, most of the drivers were courteous luckily, and as I planned I stopped to prepare for crossing Leveroni Rd to the Fryer Creek Path.  That was a beautiful trail, we loved it.  He took a picture for me.

After turning right on Andrieux St, we heading to 1st St and we got off our bikes and used a crosswalk to get on 1st St which felt much more comfortable.  Then we went to the post office to mail a letter.

Back on 1st St down to Andrieux St, we turned right on 5th St to Safeway.  That was nice riding.  After we got a cup of yogurt, we headed North on 5th St, all the way to Verano Ave.  A little up slope was fine, then along the street we turned left, at the end of Verano Ave just before Arnold Dr was quite an up slope, but we did well.  We walked across the Arnold to the other side, and went back.

Coming back on Arnold was scarey, drivers were driving way faster than they allow, and street was full of broken glass bits and some broken tiles, very dirty.  We wondered why this side has more trouble than other side.

Anyway we came back safely.  I was excited but exhausted more.  I was happy for what we have done together.  But I felt that was enough for road biking for a while.  

Total distance:  9.69 miles

Average speed: 8.5 mph
Trip time: 1 hour 7 minutes
We sweat a lot.  The watermelon was great to cool us off.
Then we needed some protein.  Chicken and egg with vegetable on rice.
+ some black olives. 

When we left for biking, we didn't eat anything just a cup of coffee and water.  Maybe that's why we needed something sweet, so had some ice cream and some bing cherries to calm inflammation.

Our feet, thighs and arms are getting heavy and painful, so we did some stretch, and it seemed very soothing.

I guess we need to take a shower, but a little later.  It is so hot.

2 comments:

CyclePatH said...

Sounds like a good ride, except for the cars and glass. That Fryer Creek Path looks beautiful. Too bad that couldn't be ten miles long.

Mrs WhP said...

Hi CyclePatH! I wish we could ride a long trail near our house. My dream is riding around a big lake, and I hope my dream will come true in my life time.