2015-06-30

Let's eat and go!

I felt a little hungry this morning, so we cooked.  He did sunny side up well-done, I did zucchini salad with cabbage, onion, and sliced plum.  And a cup of coffee, one slice of whole wheat bread.

I like to have something sweet, so I added Strawberry Jam to finish the half of the bread slice.


It's going to be a very hot day.  So we started biking about 11:00 am.  Today we were going to ride steadily for 45 min.  I wanted to change the song in my mind to ride with a little faster speed, so I chose this for new song.

Time, Average Speed,  Max Speed, and Distance.


When we came back.  The temperature was 93 F at noon.  Gosh, it's 108F now at 3:20 pm!
I tried keeping a steady cadence, and made sure to stop at every stop sign on the road weather a car was coming soon or not.  At the beginning I stumbled while starting again, because my left foot couldn't reach on the pedal soon enough, but later I got better.

When I came back home, I noticed that I sweated a lot.  Had a glass of water.  And made squeezed orange and cranberry juice mix to have.  I needed it!



Next time I can up my cadence a little like this.  I love the young energy!

4 comments:

CyclePatH said...

I like to eat a little something before I ride, too, so my body has some fuel to burn. It's important to drink lots of water while you're riding, especially on hot days, so you keep yourself hydrated.

Mrs WhP said...

I see that's important to eat and then ride. Especially for older people like us who don't have much stored or long lasting energy it could be dangerous if we don't eat at all. Recently more and more I was surprised that my body can't tell what I need soon enough. Discipline, I need it for biking. That's great benefit from starting biking for me!

Thanks, CyclePatH.

CyclePatH said...

It's good to start drinking water before you get thirsty. Thirst is a symptom that you are becoming dehydrated. Maybe not dangerously so, but it might be a good habit to keep ahead of it. On a longer ride, it couldn't hurt to carry a little snack with you for some extra energy in case you start to feel depleted.

Mrs WhP said...

I see. When I noticed I'm thirsty, it could be dehydration mode. So I'd better to drink before the feeling as a habit. Thanks, CyclePatH!