2015-06-19

My debut city bike ride!

Finally I decided to break through another new experience.  Road bike in the City of Sonoma.


I lightly warmed up at parking lot.  Got on the Sonoma bike Trail. "Wow, many walkers and bikers, baby strollers!"  As I promised to myself if I felt not sure, I will get off the bicycle, I pulled my bike and walked the intersection with city road.  Finally got into 2nd St.  Trucks and cars were passing by, but strangely I was OK.

The Trail which I wanted to bike through was near by at the end of 2nd St., but I was confused by the sign of the trail and turned right on MacArthur st., luckily found a nice street, Austin so I was going to turn around.  Then I missed to turn right again.  My brain was dot, dot, dot.....  At those times Mr. WhP was puzzling behind me.  I pushed him to go ahead of me.

The Nathanson Creek Preserve was the nice paved trail;  I enjoyed the moment at the car free zone for a while. Then,  we biked on the very nice bike lane until the end, and turned around.  
Here's a nice bike lane around there. 





Turned right on Denmark St. to bike all the way to 7th St., turned left to good old familiar Lovall Valley Rd, but I didn't want to get on the Sonoma bike path soon, so I turned left on 4th St. E and turned right on E Spain st.  We turned right on 2nd St E back, took the bike path for a short time, then turned on 1st st. E down to the entrance of the parking lot.

I felt that I could ride more, but I knew our old age never can tell the truth.  Our fatigue will come after very heavily, and it did on us later.

Trip Distance: 6.4 miles, it's not bad.


Average Speed: 


Trip Time: About 1 hour,  this is the right amount of time for the first road bike trip.
Felt that I could climb another little mountain.  Yay!

2 comments:

CyclePatH said...

Way to go on your breakthrough road ride! Looks like you have some nice quiet roads with well-marked bike lanes to ride.

Mrs WhP said...

Thanks for your comment, CyclePatH!
I used Google map street view to check the streets, it helped a lot. And even though the trail is very short, it was good to include my first road ride. In addition the area of the bake lane was superb which my photo shows, and I wish city of Sonoma will make more like that.