2015-08-11

Cross Marin Bike Trail, out and back

This is the second time ride, since we did it last June 12th.  We tried to ride through from platform Bridge to Shafter Bridge.  The reason why we didn't ride through last time was paved trail doesn't run through to Shafter.  I didn't have a confidence to ride unpaved and unknown dirt road last time.  So I was nervous a little today.  But sometime you have to go and see, otherwise you will never know.

First half from Platform Bridge was familiar to me, we stopped for rest room the same as last time.  This spot is always so beautiful.

Sunlight was just right to make tree leaves so gorgeous!
This time we could find the way to get onto the unpaved trail.
The unpaved trail sometimes had quite a lot of gravel, but they were small size, so it was not too bad.
But poison oak starters were growing along the trail, so I had to watch out.  And numbers of horse poop piles had to be dodged.

There were some dips in the ground for drainage which were lined with either gravel or concrete.  As usual I was scared the first time to go over.  Mr. WhP went easily.
Well, next is my turn!  Huh?! Somebody with small trailer is coming.  
I just concentrated and passed.

Finally we could reach the Shafter Bridge.  I checked it on the information bulletin board.

After across the bridge, we faced to busy Sir Francis Drake Blvd.  Just took the picture and turned around.

We felt OK, so we rode 2 round trips and....


We rode over 20 miles!!
 
Showing Distance, Average Speed, Max Speed, and Time.





No comments: