2015-08-08

China Camp State Park, San Rafael

Maybe we might ride either on road or on some of trails, we thought.  Took exit San Pedro Rd of 101 Fwy, drove all the way to Bullhead Flat parking lot.
Grabbed a envelope to write down information about our car and purpose, with $5 into the metal bin near the sign.  Put the tab which was cut from the envelope in our car to show.
OK, let's cross the street to try Shoreline Trail.  Umm, left side one looked too steep, maybe right side.

I was excited and went over there.  Oh, no!  The trail has fence both sides and it is narrow for me.  When I get psychological fear, that's the end.
Gave up and I started climbing up the paved road. 

Cars might scare me, but at least I can ride.  But quite a number of cars were coming down on the other side of road.  How much should I climb up, I wonder?  I couldn't go so much.  Stopped and took a picture.
Even while we were stopping at there, speedy cars came by and passed us.  Well, we'd better to go down to the parking lot.  Oh, the coming back way is the San Francisco Bay side!
I was fine, I was scared about cars passing by more than the cliff.  When we came back to the parking lot, I wanted to try the trail on which I couldn't go 10 mins. ago.  And I could get in and rode some!  Until the trail got steep, I gave up.  But anyway jump hurdles one at a time.
From the road to a little more ahead of here.  But I told Mr. WhP if he wants to try more Shoreline Trail, go ahead.  He went for a while, and came back with huff 'n puff.  Just for my memory/record I asked him to take a picture.
He tried other side of the trail too.  But both trail are getting steeper and steeper, he said.  Energetic young guys passing us, and we were amazed.
 
Then I decided to ride more on the road down, maybe next parking lot down up there.
Reached! From down there the whitish building spot to here. 
Weber Point also has a restroom and a nice view.  But I was anxious to return to our parking lot.
Be careful to watch the car passing by!
we safely crossed the street to come back.  The late afternoon wind was very nice.  Somebody was eating her early supper while looking at the bay.

Ready to load our bikes to go home. 

My speedometer shows:  Time 20'59, Average Speed 5.6mph , Max Speed 15.5mph, Distance 2.013miles.

That was the most tense 2 miles ride I've ever ridden lately.

I'm not a mountain biker type at all, I realized now very well.  And we really need to find a relaxing beautiful paved road next.  It is the time to travel, maybe.

Surely we both got really tired.  




No comments: