2015-08-30

Ellis Creek Water Recycling Facility Ponds

Mr. WhP had a hard time to load our two bicycles which now got rear racks, but he managed.  Even though we both were still tired, because we can come back anytime so we decided to try a short bike trip today.

Parked at the entrance of Ellis Creek Water Recycling Facility.
Yes, here is the nice entrance of the trail
The peach color sand (Mr. WhP told me that is crushed granite) was very nice to ride on.  I stopped and looked back to take a picture.
This is better place than we expected.  He looked happy.
OK, let's go!
The comfortable clean looking sand road was ended, then gravel road was continued.
I was a little nervous how long I would be able to manage riding on gravel.

But it was not bad at all.
"Haystacks were neatly piled up!"
This is great flat riding!!
We finished riding around the Ellis Creek ponds.


 Next we took the path to Shollenberger Park.

On the way to Shollenberger Park, there was deep sand on the trail, I lost my balance, so I just walked for some steps.  He kept on riding, figures.

Luckily we could find the bridge to Alman Marsh. That was a nice bridge, but we both were busy for riding.

Then, a never expected view got into our eyes.  It was a bumpy very narrow path sandwiched by tall grass growing along the sides, luckily we didn't see anybody coming from ahead of us until the next part.

Next surprise was the long and 2 people side by side wide boadwalk right next to the river.  If you are an active and adventurous person, you will be delighted, but I'm not.  It was hard for me, so when I saw a young girl running toward me, I was off from my bicycle to let her pass.  And that was good idea.

Finally we reached the ground safely.  Obviously we didn't want to go back the way we came.  So we took the busy and fast traffic main road, Lakevill Hwy 116 for a while and finally back to the wide street with a bike lane, McDowell Blvd S, and kept riding the business streets until the total distance was 10 miles.  This was Sunday, so the street was quite and fun to ride.


I forgot my bike computer today, so this is cyclometer record which is always very close to the bike computer.
Time: 1:20:08, distance: 10.5 miles, average spd: 7.9 mph, and max spd: 15.8 mph.

No comments: